The story behind Dave Matthews’ Dreaming Tree Wines
Dave Matthews is known all over the world as a professional musician, but his passion for winemaking stretches back nearly as far as his love for music. When he met New Zealand native Sean McKenzie, they instantly hit it off and went on to create Dreaming Tree wines.
“This is something I feel good about inviting someone over to share with me. It’s something to be proud of,” says Dave.
Based in California Wine Country, The Dreaming Tree Winery offers five unforgettable varieties of wine:
Everyday White: A crisp, bright, aromatic wine with fresh floral, citrus and ripe honeysuckle notes that give way to zesty fruit flavors.
- Serve with fresh crab and lobster, Mexican salsa with jalapeño peppers or Indian curry dishes.
Crush Red Blend: A special blend of Dave and Sean’s favorite red wine varieties with notes of smoky berry and a pop of raspberry jam.
- Serve with Spanish orange and onion salad or with Vietnamese-style grilled ribs and rice.
Pinot Noir: Features the flavors and aromas of ripe cherry, wild strawberry and caramel. A complex wine with supple tannins.
- Serve with roast chicken or pork, grilled salmon and mushroom risotto.
Chardonnay: Toasty, crisp and elegant, featuring fresh pear and white peach flavors. A well-balanced, medium-bodied wine that captures the distinct citrus notes of the Central Coast.
- Serve with grilled seafood; goat cheese and mushroom pizza; herb-roasted chicken; or a stone fruit, ricotta and arugula salad.
Cabernet Sauvignon: Features classic aromas of blackberry, cherry and herbal notes wrapped by toasted vanilla. An easy-drinking wine with a lot of character.
- Serve with grilled rack of lamb or rich lentil salad. A fun start or end to any meal or gathering.
Look for Dreaming Tree Wines in our Wines & Spirits locations.