Vanilla Concrete With Sweet Martha’s Cookies
Every year the State Fair presents a conundrum: What to do with all the leftover Sweet Martha’s cookies you bring home. We say: Turn them into a concrete (which, for the uninitiated, is an ice cream treat that’s similar to a Dairy Queen blizzard), so one summer classic becomes another. This recipe couldn’t be easier and the result is completely irresistible.
- In a blender, combine 5 large scoops of vanilla ice cream, 2 Sweet Martha’s cookies, 1 piece Sweet Martha’s cookie dough (optional), 2 Tbsp milk, ½ tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Working quickly, pulse 5 times to break down the cookies and mix them into the ice cream.
- Add 2 more cookies and pulse until the cookies are broken into bite-size pieces.
- Place the blender and concrete in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the concrete into a serving bowl and enjoy!