Tex Mex Sloppy Joes
We switched up these family-favorite sandwiches and gave them a tasty Tex-Mex twist!
Makes 8 sandwiches
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (8-count) package hamburger buns
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onions are soft (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in ground beef, cumin, chili powder, salt and chipotle powder, breaking up beef with side of a spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink (5-7 minutes).
- Stir in corn, tomato sauce and chilies; simmer until the mixture thickens slightly (6-8 minutes).
- Spoon ½ cup Sloppy Joe mixture on bottom half of each bun; cover with the top half of each bun and serve.