Keto Spring Lamb Chops
This filling lamb dinner brings restaurant-level plating to your dining room table, thanks to a vibrant roasted red pepper purée. The purée adds more than beauty, of course — the roasted red pepper brings a hint of char to the dish, giving it depth and flavor. And the green beans bring an aromatic crunch, as well as another pop of color. This dinner will stick to your bones without weighing you down, all while being a feast for your eyes.
4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
16 ounces fresh haricot verts (green string beans)
16 ounces (1 jar) fire roasted red peppers
3 pounds fresh American lamb chops
Coarse sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons L&B Lamb Herb Rub
2 tablespoons L&B Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4-6 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
1 whole tomato, diced small
- Blanch haricot verts in boiling salted water for two minutes, then run them under cold water or place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Using a blender, food processor or food mill, puree the fire roasted red peppers. Heat in a small saucepan and simmer. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
- Season the lamb chops with salt, pepper and L&B Lamb Herb Rub on both sides and then cook by grilling or pan searing to desired doneness. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature, removing from heat when reaching 125 F for medium-rare, and let the chops rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Heat a sauté pan or saucepan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and thyme leaves and cook for 60 seconds, stirring constantly to avoid burning the garlic. Add the diced tomatoes and blanched haricot verts. Mix together and adjust seasoning with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Divide the roasted red pepper puree between serving plates, spreading evenly across the entire flat surface. Lay the lamb chops on top of the puree and serve with the haricot verts and tomato mixture.
This recipe is brought to you by Nourish, our guide to eating a variety of whole foods that expand your palate, give you more energy and help you live a balanced life. If you love it, check out the entire Nourish collection.