1 month ago
Fish Taco Bowl
Turn fish tacos into a delicious taco bowl with all your favorite toppings!
Preparation time: 20 minutes, not including time to cook rice
- 2 tilapia fillets
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Lunds & Byerlys Trail Dust Southwestern Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup Lunds & Byerlys Fire Roasted Corn Salsa
- Fresh lime juice, for serving
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow plate, combine cornmeal and Trail Dust Southwestern Seasoning.
- Brush tilapia with 1 tablespoon olive oil; coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 5 minutes. Turn and cook until fish just flakes with a fork (an additional 4-5 minutes).
- Divide cooked rice into 4 bowls.
- Add half of a tilapia fillet to each bowl.
- Top with tomato, avocado, black beans, salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime juice if