Egg in a Hole Burger
It’s the burger that everyone’s talking about! Cut it open to reveal a fried egg hidden inside.
Makes 4 burgers
Preparation time: 25 minutes
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Sriracha
8 strips bacon
1 pound ground chuck
2 tablespoons butter
4 hamburger buns
Lettuce, for serving
4 slices cheddar cheese, for serving
- Make Sriracha mayonnaise: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Form beef into three equal-sized patties. Using a small glass, cut out the center of each patty to create a donut-shaped burger (combine excess meat to form a fourth patty). Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat and melt butter. Add burgers and cook for 2 minutes, then flip. Crack an egg into the center of each burger and cook, covered, until whites are set.
- Toast buns and spread Sriracha mayonnaise on bottom buns. Build burgers by topping with lettuce, burger, bacon and cheddar.
Recipe source: Delish