Easy Skillet Beef & Broccoli
Serve this simple stir-fry with hot steamed rice and garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Preparation time: 45 minutes, including 30 minutes marinating time
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
3-4 heads of broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 tablespoons water
1 clove garlic, minced
1 slice fresh ginger root, minced
2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
2 green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sherry, cornstarch and sugar; marinate steak in mixture 30 minutes.
- Stir-fry broccoli in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat in wok or large skillet, 2-4 minutes.
- Add water and cook, covered, until broccoli is crisp-tender (1-2 minutes); remove from wok.
- In wok, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over high heat; stir in garlic and ginger. Add steak mixture; stir-fry, turning constantly, until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes.
- Return broccoli to wok; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions, if desired, and serve.