Brown Sugar Glazed Green Beans with Caramelized Onions, Cranberries, Walnuts, and Goat Cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 24 ounces green beans, cleaned, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoon Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add sliced onion and cook until caramelized about 45 minutes. Stir often, and reduce heat if you notice they are browning too quickly.
- In large skillet, melt additional 2 tbsp butter. Add brown sugar and dijon mustard, stirring to combine. Add green beans, coating with sauce. Add water to thin out the sauce, if needed to coat the green beans.
- Cook 10-12 minutes over medium-high heat, until green beans are slightly softened but not overcooked, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with caramelized onions, cranberries, walnuts, and goat cheese.
- Recipe by greens & chocolate http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.