An appetizer-sized twist on your favorite BLT sandwich! Delicious served with a French rosé.
Makes 12 scallop BLTs
Preparation time: 15 minutes
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
12 Fresh Wild Caught Sea Scallops
4 slices cooked bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
Romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat the olive oil and unsalted butter over high heat in a frying pan.
- Once hot, add scallops and sear for 1 ½ minutes on each side.
- Remove scallops from pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the scallops in half horizontally.
- On one half, layer 1 piece cooked bacon, a slice of tomato and a piece of romaine lettuce.
- Top with the other scallop half and serve.