Arabic Summer Salad
Servings:*4 (2 cup)
- 2/3 cup Wheatberries, rinsed
- 1/3 cup resh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1-2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 pound Roma Tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, snipped
- 3 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic navy beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pitted Peloponnese Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1 (7 ounce) package goat feta cheese, crumbled
- Pita Bread, (optional)
A vegetarian favorite.
- Bring two cups water to a boil; add wheatberries. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until tender (about one hour). Drain; cool. For dressing, whisk together next six ingredients. Combine next seven ingredients; add wheatberries. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
- To Serve: Toss salad with dressing. Top with feta. Serve with pita bread, if desired.
- Tips: Wheatberries may be cooked two days ahead; refrigerate, covered.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.