African Peanut Butter Stew
Servings:*8 1 1/2 Cup
- 1 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 14 1/2 ounce Chicken Broth
- 6 ounce Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Large Carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Bell Peppers, Green, Red, and Yellow: Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled, Cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 10 ounce Package Couscous
Flavors influenced by Africa. A one-dish meal with subtle peanut and curry flavors.
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan. Stir in onion, cook over medium heat until translucent. Stir in chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until outside is browned. Stir in chicken broth, tomato paste, peanut butter, carrots, bell peppers, curry powder, red pepper flakes, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes and continue to cook until potatoes are tender and chicken is no longer pink (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions using 1 teaspoon salt. Serve stew over hot couscous.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.