- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water (plus up to ¾ cup more, added as you cook, see recipe notes)
- 8 - 10 oz spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In large pot, brown the beef. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pot over medium-high heat and sauté onion and bell pepper. Add garlic and sauté one more minute. Season with salt.
- Add beef back to pot along with spaghetti sauce and water. Bring to a simmer and then add noodles.
- Try to get noodles as submerged in the liquid as you can. Cook according to the noodle package.
- If you find your sauce is getting too thick and the noodles are not cooked yet, add more water, ¼ cup at a time, up to ¾ cup more.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.