- 2 pounds boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 6 potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 2 large onions, peeled, cut up
- 1 cup Water
- 1 can whole tomatoes, 28 ounce
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1/3 cup instant tapioca
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
Lazy day fare...no browning of meat necessary.
- Combine all ingredients in Dutch oven. Bake, covered, in a 325 F oven until meat and vegetables are tender (2 1/2-3 hours).
Brown Gravy Version: Two (12 ounce) jars brown home style gravy can be substituted for the tomatoes.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.