Lunds Original Potato Salad
Servings:*19 (1/2 cup) servings
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds cooked, peeled, warm potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons diced pimientos, drained
- Combine sugar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl; stir to blend. Add warm cooked potatoes and mix gently.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar; stir until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to potatoes and mix gently.
- Add eggs, celery, onion and pimientos to potato mixture; mix just until all ingredients are coated.
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.