Lunds Original Potato Salad
Servings:*19 (1/2 cup) servings
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds cooked, peeled, warm potatoes, cut into ¾-inch cubes (Yukon Gold work well)
- 1 ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons diced pimientos, drained
Peel potatoes and cut into ¾ inch cubes
Add potatoes to a pot, cover with water by about one inch and add a pinch of salt
Bring water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer
Cook until potatoes are just tender, 8-12 minutes
Combine sugar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl; stir to blend. Add warm cooked potatoes and mix gently.
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar; stir until smooth.
Add mayonnaise mixture to potatoes and mix gently.
Add eggs, celery, onion and pimientos to potato mixture; mix just until all ingredients are coated.
Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.