Inspiring Asparagus Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce fresh thyme, divided
- 1/3 pound Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup spicy sprouts (radish and alfalfa combination)
Norwegian Jarlsberg cheese is sweeter and softer than traditional Swiss cheese.
- Trim asparagus ends and peel stems; rinse thoroughly. In large skillet, add water to ½-inch depth; bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus; simmer until crisp-tender (4-6 minutes). Plunge spears into ice water to chill; pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Remove leaves from 2/3 of the thyme sprigs; coarsely chop leaves and stir into olive oil mixture.
- To serve: Arrange chilled asparagus on serving platter; pour dressing over asparagus. Top with cheese and spicy sprouts; garnish with remaining thyme sprigs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.