Earth Day Sandwich
- 1/2 bunch organic asparagus
- 3 tbsp (divided) California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 oz container Earthbound Farms Power Deep Green Blend
- 2 teaspoons fresh organic lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons San-J Organic Tamari
- 6 slices Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Golden Flax Semolina Bread
- 3 tablespoons Cedar's Organic Original Hummus
- 3 tablespoons Organic red bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F on broil. Wash asparagus and trim woody ends. Pat dry with paper towel and spread out on sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Gently toss to coat asparagus. Roast under broiler for 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in nonstick sauté pan on medium high. Add fresh garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add Power Greens, lemon and tamari. Using tongs, toss and sauté until greens are just wilted, 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place 1 tablespoon hummus on each slice of bread. Place 1 tablespoon red pepper on three slices of bread and 4-5 spears of asparagus on the other 3 slices. Divide greens onto the 3 slices of bread with asparagus. Put red pepper sides of bread together with greens sides of bread. Brush outsides of bread slices with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill in sauté pan over medium heat until golden on each side.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.