Earth Day Sandwich
- 1/2 bunch organic asparagus
- 3 tbsp (divided) California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 oz container Earthbound Farms Power Deep Green Blend
- 2 teaspoons fresh organic lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons San-J Organic Tamari
- 6 slices Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Golden Flax Semolina Bread
- 3 tablespoons Cedar's Organic Original Hummus
- 3 tablespoons Organic red bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F on broil. Wash asparagus and trim woody ends. Pat dry with paper towel and spread out on sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Gently toss to coat asparagus. Roast under broiler for 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in nonstick sauté pan on medium high. Add fresh garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add Power Greens, lemon and tamari. Using tongs, toss and sauté until greens are just wilted, 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place 1 tablespoon hummus on each slice of bread. Place 1 tablespoon red pepper on three slices of bread and 4-5 spears of asparagus on the other 3 slices. Divide greens onto the 3 slices of bread with asparagus. Put red pepper sides of bread together with greens sides of bread. Brush outsides of bread slices with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill in sauté pan over medium heat until golden on each side.
- Calories: 390 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 2 g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 550mg Carbohydrate: 47g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 5g Protein: 10g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.