Chicken Wild Rice Salad
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 3 cups cubed chicken, cooked
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cups finely sliced green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound seedless green grape halves
- 1 cup salted cashews
- grape clusters
A Do-Ahead A luncheon or supper entree.
- In small bowl, blend mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice and tarragon; set aside. In large bowl, combine chicken, wild rice, green onion, water chestnuts, salt and pepper. Stir in mayonnaise mixture until blended. Refrigerate, covered, 2-3 hours. Just before serving, fold in grapes and cashews. Garnish with clusters of grapes.
- Tips: One cup uncooked wild rice equals 3-4 cups cooked.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.