- 2(14oz) cans 33 percent less sodium chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, cut into two inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into two inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 small bay leaf
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Here's a no-fuss gravy that's as flavorful as those made with the turkey drippings.
- In medium saucepan, combine broth, celery, carrots, onion, peppercorns and bay leaf. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Strain broth; discard vegetables and seasonings.
- In medium skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour; Cook until mixture is slightly browned; gradually stir in seasoned broth, browning and seasoning sauce and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.