- Turn on broiler. Place bell pepper and cayenne peppers on baking sheet. Place under broiler and let broil until skins turn black. Turn peppers and repeat, until all sides are charred.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat.
Add the cumin seed, caraway seed and coriander seeds, and toast until fragrant. This took me about 3-4 minutes.
- Place spices in spice grinder or mortar and pestle and grind the spices.
- Take stems off peppers and remove seeds if you prefer, then place peppers in food processor. I left my seeds in.
- Add spices, garlic and salt and turn food processor on low to puree the mixture. Add olive oil and continue to puree until smooth.
To make the yogurt sauce:
- Combine yogurt, parsley, cilantro, chives, garlic powder, and salt. Stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Toss with ½ cup of the harissa. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Once you’re ready to cook, thread the chicken onto skewers. Depending on the size of your skewers, you will need 3-5 skewers. You don’t want to crowd the chicken.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Place chicken skewers on grill. Cook until chicken is cooked through, turning a few times, about 10-12 minutes total. Serve with herb yogurt dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Recipe source: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/