Servings:*1 cup servings
- 1/3 cup white wine tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup safflower oil
- 5 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 pound pea pods
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Whisk oil slowly into vinegar mixture; set aside. In large bowl, combine wild rice, chicken, celery, parsley and green onion. Pour dressing over wild rice mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Remove ends and strings from pea pods. Blanch in boiling water 30 seconds, plunge into ice water; drain. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces. Refrigerate, covered.
- To Serve: Toss salad with pea pods and almonds.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.