- 2 quarts Water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarse crystal sea salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3/4 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 turkey tenderloins
- Spiced Haralson Apples, recipe below
- Spiced Haralson Apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 Haralson or Braeburn apples, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Brining keeps the turkey moist and flavorful.
- In large bowl, combine water, brown sugar, sea salt, cider, peppercorns and thyme. Submerge tenderloins in the brine. Cover; refrigerated 2-4 hours. Remove tenderloins from brine and place on lightly greased broiler pan. Roast in preheated 375 F oven for 45-50 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 165 F. Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Temperature will rise 5-10 degrees while standing. Serve with Spiced Haralson Apples spooned over turkey slices.
Spiced Haralson Apples
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples and thyme; cook until apples soften, 8-10 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.