2 weeks ago
Turkey Cranberry ‘n Wild Rice Salad
A wonderful way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers! This salad makes a great lunch or light dinner.
Preparation time: 20 minutes +
refrigeration time, not including time to cook wild rice
- 1 ½ pounds cooked turkey, cubed
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 ½ cups raw cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, wild rice, cranberries, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, orange juice, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt.
- Slowly whisk in oil until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add dressing to turkey mixture and stir in almonds. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.