Tuna Salad Plate
- 1 (12 12 ounce) can water packed tuna
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- lettuce leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- sweet gherkin pickles
- Drain tuna.
- Combine onion, water chestnuts, celery and mayonnaise. Fold in tuna.
- Spoon mixture onto 4 lettuce-lined salad plates; and garnish with cherry tomatoes and gherkins.
- Reduced Sodium: Use dietetic, very low sodium, canned tuna. Use 1 cup chopped bok choy in place of water chestnuts and celery. Add 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt-free. Use 1/2 cup sour cream in place of mayonnaise. Omit gherkins. Garnish with toasted whole almonds. 66 mg sodium per serving.
- Reduced Cholesterol & Reduced Calorie: Use 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream in place of mayonnaise. 57 mg cholesterol per serving & 154 calories per servings.
- Diabetic Exchange (for original recipe): 3 meat exchanges, 1 vegetable exchange, 2 fat exchanges.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.