Tuna Niçoise Pasta Salad
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 anchovies, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 12 ounces fusilli, rotini, or gemelli pasta
- 6 ounces French green beans
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 6 ounces oil-packed tuna, drained and rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- Capers, drained, for garnish
- Fresh chopped dill, for garnish
- Fresh torn basil, for garnish
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, anchovies, shallots, Dijon mustard and garlic. Whisk vigorously until emulsified, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and set aside.
Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Season heavily with salt and add the pasta. Cook the pasta for 11 minutes, then add the green beans to the pasta and water. Cook for 1 minute until the pasta is al dente and the green beans are just tender.
Strain the pasta and green beans and rinse with cold water. Transfer them to a large bowl and add half of the dressing. Toss to coat well.
Transfer the pasta and green beans to a large serving platter. Place the cherry tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, tuna, Castelvetrano olives and Kalamata olives on top.
Drizzle the remaining dressing over the pasta salad and garnish with the capers, dill and basil.
Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe source: Dishing Out Health