Tossed Taco Salad
- 1 medium head lettuce, chopped (7 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Taco Dressing, (below)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 (15 ounce) bag tortilla chips, slightly crushed
A main dish salad.
- Combine first four ingredients in a 6 quart container. Chill. Combine Taco Dressing ingredients (below); chill. Brown ground beef; drain. Stir in kidney beans.
- To Serve: Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing.
- Taco Dressing: Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup French dressing, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 (1 1/4 ounce) package Taco Seasoning Mix.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.