Tomato Puttanesca Over Spaghetti Squash
- 1-2 (3 pounds total) spaghetti squash
- 6 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons anchovies, minced
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper, fresh ground
- 3 tbsp (divided) basil, cut into fine ribbons
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the squash in half and scrape out seeds. Place flesh-side up on an oven tray. Cover with foil, and roast for 30 to 40 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Using a fork, pull all the shredded flesh from the skin and set aside.
- Puree the tomatoes until very smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, anchovies, red pepper flakes, and capers and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree, olives, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons basil. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and juice from tomatoes is boiled off, about 15 minutes.
- Portion out spaghetti squash and top with sauce. Garnish with remaining basil and parmesan.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.