1 year ago
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
With three cheeses, Dijon mayo and hickory-smoked bacon, this grilled cheese is the sandwich of your (and your kids’) dreams. Ten-minute prep makes it easy enough for weeknight dinners.
- Heat oven to 400 F. Arrange 12 slices thick-cut, hickory smoked bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, until crispy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup Dijon, ¼ cup grated Parm, 1 ½ tsp kosher salt and ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Lightly butter one side of 12 ½-inch-thick slices of sourdough bread. Flip the slices over and generously spread each with the Dijon mayonnaise.
- Place 2 slices of bacon on half the slices of bread. Sprinkle 2 to 3 Tbsp each of grated Gruyère and grated extra-sharp cheddar evenly on top of the bacon. Top with the remaining slices of bread, mayonnaise side down.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. When hot, cook the sandwiches in batches, 3 minutes per side, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Cool for 2 minutes. Slice in half and serve warm.