Sunny Broccoli Salad
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets (5 cups)
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp, crumbled
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup sunflower nuts
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
A popular broccoli salad studded with sweet raisins and crunchy sunflower nuts.
- In large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, raisins, sunflower nuts and onion.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; blend well. Toss dressing with broccoli mixture. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
Variation: Substitute 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved, for raisins.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.