Strawberry Mascarpone Napoleons
- 4 sheets phyllo, thawed according to package directions
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons pearl sugar
- parchment paper
- mascarpone cream, (recipe below)
- 1 quart strawberries, thinly sliced
- 4 whole strawberries, halved for garnish
- 8 mint sprigs
Stacked layers of crunchy phyllo for a festive presentation.
- Unfold phyllo onto flat surface. Keep covered with plastic wrap and damp towel to prevent drying. Beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water. Place 1 sheet phyllo on pastry cloth; brush lightly with butter. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Top with a second phyllo sheet; brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Repeat one more time. Top with fourth phyllo sheet; brush lightly with egg white and sprinkle with pearl sugar. Cut layered phyllo lengethwise into thirds; cut each third crosswise into 4 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally, to make 24 triangles. Place triangles on two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until golden (6-7 minutes). Cool on wire rack.
- To Serve: Spoon 1 tablespoon mascarpone cream in center of eight dessert plates. For each Napoleon, arrange a phyllo triangle on top of cream, pressing lightly to adhere to plate. Top with about 2 tablespoons cream and 1/4 cup strawberries. Top with a second triangle; rotating points slightly. Repeat with cream and strawberries; top with third triangle. Garnish each with cream, a strawberry half and a mint sprig. Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.