5 months ago
Special K Bars
Treat your family to an extra-special homemade dessert tonight: Special K Bars! Even better, they come together in 20 minutes and do not require baking.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Special K Cereal
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a 4-quart saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Add cereal to peanut butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- Press into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips. Once melted, pour over cereal and spread. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.