Spanish Spice Rubbed Steaks with Valdéon Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Lunds and Byerlys Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder or chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 (1012 oz) boneless rib-eye, sirloin, or New York strip Steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 ounces Valdéon cheese
- 2 tablespoons Butter, softened
Valdéon is a creamy blue cheese with a distinctive rich flavor. This Spanish cheese is made from both cow and goat’s milk.
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Brush both sides of steaks with olive oil. In small bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Rub seasoning into surface of both sides of steaks.
- Prepare grill. Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange steaks on grill rack 4-5 inches over medium-hot heat. Grill, covered, turning once, until meat thermometer registers 140 F for medium-rare (8-11 minutes) or to desired doneness. Let steaks stand 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine cheese and butter. Top hot steaks with butter.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.