5 months ago
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bowls
Not only are these unique lasagna bowls delicious, they’re gluten free, too. Even better, the spaghetti squash halves turn into individual serving bowls for this hearty, satisfying dinner. It’s easy enough for a weeknight meal and impressive enough for guests!
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup cottage cheese, divided
1 cup L&B marinara, divided
½ cup shredded mozzarella, divided
2 tablespoons rough chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400 F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the spaghetti squash halves, skin side up, on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool until safe to handle.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Set aside. Increase the heat to broil.
- Using a fork, scrape and shred the squash into spaghetti-like strands, making sure you don’t scrape all the way down to the skin.
- Within each squash half, stir in ½ the cottage cheese and ½ the marinara. Top each with ½ of the shredded mozzarella.
- Return the squash to the oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.