Smashed Potatoes with Chèvre and Arugula
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- ¼ cup canola or grapeseed oil
- 2 cups baby arugula, lightly packed
- 4 ounces chèvre cheese
- Zest of ¼ lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Maldon or other flake salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Bake potatoes at 350 F until soft; let cool. (Can do this ahead of time.)
- Gently smash and tear potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat oil on high heat until light smoke appears.
- Carefully place potatoes in oil so they don’t splash; cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn and repeat until all sides are browned and crispy.
- Remove from heat and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add arugula, chèvre, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish or plate.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.