Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder
Servings:*6 cups pulled pork
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, 3-3 ½
- In small bowl, combine salt and pepper. Rub mixture into all surfaces of the roast. Place pork in roasting pan; cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Remove foil and allow roast to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Roast, uncovered, until fork tender (3½ -4 hours).
- Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Drain off juices; skim fat. Return juices to pan. Using two forks, shred pork by steadying the roast with one fork and pulling the pork away with the other fork.
FoodE Tip: Make barbecued pulled pork sandwiches by stirring your favorite barbecue sauce into the pulled pork; cook until heated through.