5 months ago
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
This cheesy, satisfying dinner is perfect for busy weeknights!
Preparation time: 6-8 hours
4 large bell peppers (any color)
½ cup salsa
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup corn
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups cooked quinoa
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded pepper Jack or cheddar cheese
⅓ cup water
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray to make cleanup easier.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse peppers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salsa, beans, corn, onion, quinoa, spices and cheese. Divide mixture evenly among peppers.
- Pour water into slow cooker; stand peppers upright in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours until peppers are tender. Carefully remove them with serving spoons.
Serve with chopped cilantro, sliced avocado and sour cream. Add cooked ground beef or sausage for a meat-lovers version. Add chopped pineapple or peaches for a surprise flavor twist.