Slow Cooker Mulled Wine
The perfect cocktail to serve party guests on a cold, blustery day, made easy in a slow cooker!
Preparation time: 10 minutes + 3-6
hours in the slow cooker
- Peel of ½ orange
- 6 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup apple brandy
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- ¼ cup honey
- Combine orange peel, cinnamon, ginger root and allspice in an 8-inch square of cheesecloth or in cloth tea bags.
- Combine apple cider, apple brandy, Cabernet and honey in a slow cooker. Add spice bag(s).
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5-6 hours or on high heat setting for 2 ½ – 3 hours.
- Remove spice bag(s) and discard. Ladle cider into cups. Cheers!