6 years ago
Slow Cooker Goulash Soup
Goulash, a meat and vegetable stew seasoned with paprika, is a traditional Hungarian dish. This recipe turns it into a satisfying slow cooker soup!
Preparation time: 8 ½ hours
- 1 (3-pound) beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 ounces whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Hungarian sweet paprika
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream and chopped fresh chives, for serving (optional)
- Place beef in slow cooker; add carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over meat and veggies.
- Cook for 8 hours on low heat.
- Serve in bowls with sour cream and chopped chives, if desired.
Recipe source: A Farm Girl’s Dabbles