Slow Cooker Caribbean BBQ Chicken Sliders with Pineapple Coleslaw
- For the Caribbean BBQ Chicken:
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups L&B Caribbean BBQ Sauce
- For the Pineapple Coleslaw:
- 14 ounces L&B Signature Coleslaw mix
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 cup canned diced pineapple, juice reserved
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice (from the can)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 slider buns
To make the Caribbean BBQ shredded chicken: Layer the sliced onions, chicken breasts and L&B Caribbean BBQ Sauce in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Once cooked, shred with two forks.
To make the pineapple coleslaw: In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, jalapeno, diced pineapple and green onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, salt and pepper.
Add the dressing to the coleslaw mix and stir until well combined.
Serve the chicken on the buns, topped with pineapple coleslaw. Enjoy!