Seared Scallops with Browned Butter Gorgonzola Sauce
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces dry large sea scallops
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Treasure Cave Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter
and olive oil.
- When the butter and oil are hot, add the scallops in a single layer. Season them with salt and pepper and let them sear until brown and crisp, 2-4 minutes.
- Turn the scallops and sear the second side until brown and crisp, another 2-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and place scallops on a warmed plate.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add the remaining 7 tablespoons of butter to the pan and cook until it begins to brown, watching carefully. Then whisk in the Gorgonzola and sage and cook until hot and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice and zest until well blended. Remove from the heat, pour the sauce onto each plate and top with the scallops.
Recipe source: Treasure Cave Cheese