4 months ago
Serve this hearty chowder for dinner with a green salad and crusty artisan bread from our bakery.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound Lunds & Byerlys Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- 1 pound skinless Atlantic salmon
- ½ pound bay scallops
- 15 mussels (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 quart seafood stock
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Rinse and drain the shrimp and salmon.
- Cut the salmon into 2-inch pieces.
- Rinse the mussels in cold water, discarding any that are open. With a stiff brush, scrub the mussels to remove dirt and beards. In a large bowl, cover the mussels with water, add 2 tablespoons of salt and let them stand for 5 minutes. Repeat 2 to 3 more times.
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottom Dutch oven. Add the olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, potatoes and corn. Sauté over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir the seafood stock into sautéed mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the seafood, cover and simmer until just cooked, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Stir in the cream and parsley and serve.
*If using cooked shrimp, add in after step 6.