Sardine & Egg Sandwiches with Lemon Caper Dill Sauce
- 4 ounce Organic Valley™ Cream Cheese
- 4 ounce plain Stickney Hill Chevre (goat cheese)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf Brownberry® Natural Dark Rye Pumpernickel Bread
- 1 package Wasa® Hearty Rye Crispbread, cut in half
- 1 package Finn Crisp® Delicately Thin Rye Crispbread
- 1 (375ounce) can King Oscar® Norwegian Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil
- 3 Organic Valley® Organic Eggs, hard-cooked, sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced very thin
- fresh dill sprigs
- Peppadew™ peppers, sliced
- Lemon Caper Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hain® Safflower Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Cold, open-faced sandwiches are typical at a Scandinavian picnic.
- In a small mixer bowl, cream together cream cheese, goat cheese, dill and black pepper. Trim bread crusts to make a rectangle. Cut each bread slice diagonally to make 2 triangular pieces. Select an assortment of crispbreads and pumpernickel bread triangles; spread with cream cheese blend. Arrange sardines and egg slices on top, creating an assortment, some with both sardines and eggs, and some with only eggs or sardines. Drizzle with Lemon Caper Dill Sauce. Top with sliced red onions. Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill, Peppadew slices and capers.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, dill, lemon peel and pepper.
Lemon Caper Dill Sauce
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.