Roasted Chicken with Harissa Couscous Tomatoes
This flavorful roast chicken dinner makes a wonderful weekend dinner – perfect for company!
Preparation time: 2 hours
For the chicken:
- 1 (3-pound) whole organic chicken
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Signature Chicken Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
For the tomatoes:
- 8 small vine-on tomatoes
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous, dry
- ⅓ cup Stonewall Kitchen Harissa Sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Smoked Paprika
- ⅓ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Sea Salt
For the chicken, heat oven to 375 F. Place chicken breast side up in baking dish. Pat dry with paper towel. Sprinkle evenly with seasonings. Bake for 1 ½ – 2 hours, or until internal thermometer registers 165 F. Remove skin before eating.
For the stuffed tomatoes, while chicken is baking, prepare couscous according to package instructions and set aside, covered. Cut ¼ inch of the tops of the tomatoes off; dice up tops and place in bowl. Scoop out flesh of tomatoes into same bowl and chop any large pieces of tomato flesh. Add harissa, basil, shallots and spices and stir to combine. Stir in cooked couscous.
Arrange tomato shells in foil lined baking dish. Keep tomatoes nestled close to each other to help keep them upright when filling and baking. Fill each tomato with approximately 4-5 tablespoons of couscous mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are slightly golden brown.