Roasted Chicken with Harissa Cous Cous Tomatoes
- 1 (2 12 lb) whole organic chicken
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys seasoning for poultry
- 1/2 tsp (divided) Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 8 small vine-on tomatoes
- 1 cup whole wheat cous cous, dry
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Harissa Sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys smoked paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- For the chicken, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken, breast side up in baking dish. Pat dry with paper towel. Sprinkle evenly with seasonings. Bake for 1 ½ - 2 hours, or until internal thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Remove skin before eating.
- For the stuffed tomatoes, while chicken is baking, prepare cous cous according to package instructions and set aside covered. Cut ¼ in of tops of tomatoes off, dice up tops and place in bowl. Scoop out flesh of tomatoes into same bowl and chop any large pieces of tomato flesh. Add harissa, basil, shallots and spices and stir to combine. Stir in cooked cous cous.
- Arrange tomato shells in foil lined baking dish. Keep tomatoes nestled close to each other to help keep them upright when filling and baking. Fill each tomato with approximately 4-5 tablespoons of cous cous mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden brown.
- Calories: 430 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 95mg Sodium: 420mg Carbohydrate: 46g Fiber: 10g Sugars: 11g Protein: 38g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Note: Nutrition information below is calculated with the chicken skin removed prior to eating.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.