Red Chili Nut Mix
- 4 cups Lunds & Byerlys Raw Unsalted Nuts, (any combination of almonds, cashews, walnuts and pecans)
- 1/4 cup Lunds & Byerlys Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread nuts over pan. Toast in oven for 10 minutes.
- While nuts are toasting, make syrup mixture by combining maple syrup, honey, sea salt, chili flakes and cayenne in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium-high heat; add olive oil and whisk to emulsify. Turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes to steep flavors out of chili pepper.
- Pour mixture over roasted nuts. Mix well on the sheet pan.
- Return coated nuts to oven and roast another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and allow to cool on the sheet pan.
- Once cool, break the mix up into small clusters. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Servings: 16 Serving Size: ¼ cup Calories: 220; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0g; Sodium: 75mg; Carbohydrate: 12g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 5g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.