- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/3 cup minced ham
- 3 tablespoons chopped slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, (optional)
- snipped fresh parsley or chives
Enjoy this classic from our restaurants.
- In large saucepan, melt margarine; saute onion until tender. Blend in flour; gradually add broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in rice, carrots, ham, almonds and salt; simmer about 5 minutes. Blend in half and half and sherry; heat to serving temperature. Garnish with snipped parsley or chives.
- Tip: One-half cup uncooked wild rice=1 1/2 to 2 cups, cooked.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.