- 2 quarts Water
- 2 tablespoons beef base
- 4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 1 package frozen niblets corn, 9 ounce
- 1 package sliced fresh mushrooms, 8 ounce
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons browning and seasoning sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon bouquet garni
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
A traditional soup that's sure to warm a cold winter day!
- In large kettle or Dutch oven, combine water and beef base. Add beef ribs and onion quarters. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until meat is tender and falling off the bones (about 2 hours). Remove meat from broth; cool. Separate meat from bones cutting into smaller pieces; refrigerate, covered. Strain hot broth into shallow containers; refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Remove fat from top of broth. Return broth and beef to large kettle. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender (20-25 minutes). Ladle into bowls.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.