Terrific do-ahead dish for holiday and party menus.
- Scrub potatoes; rub with shortening for softer skins (optional). Prick with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until tender (50-60 minutes). Cool potatoes 10 minutes. Cut thin slice off top of each potato; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shell intact. In large bowl, mash potato pulp with hand potato masher to remove most lumps. Beat in sour cream, cheese, onions, parsley, salt, 2 tablespoons margarine and milk with potato masher until combined and fluffy; spoon into potato shells. Brush potato skin with melted margarine. Refrigerate, covered.
- To Reheat: Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 425 F oven until golden and heated through (20-25 minutes).
- To Freeze: Arrange in pan covered with heavy duty foil; freeze.
- To Reheat: Place frozen potatoes in refrigerator 36 hours before baking to completely defrost. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 425 F oven until golden and heated through (20-25 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.