- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 3 (6 ounce) packages portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 large leek, cleaned, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cups chicken broth with 1/3 less sodium, or vegetable
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
The cheese garnish makes this recipe special.
- Combine cheese and thyme; set aside. Finely chop 2 containers portobello mushrooms (12 ounces); chop remaining container portobello mushrooms into bigger pieces. In large diameter skillet or Dutch oven, heat olive oil. Saute shallots and leek over medium heat until softened (about 5 minutes), stirring often. Stir finely chopped mushrooms into shallots and leek; saute until tender (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat, stir in wine; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth. Slowly pour in chicken broth; stir in larger mushroom pieces. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Stir in cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Spoon into soup bowls; garnish with cheese.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.