Raw Chocolate Super Seed Breakfast Bar
- 3/4 cup organic raw sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 3 1/2 cups organic quick oats
- 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons organic ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic apple sauce
- 1/2 cup L&B Pure Maple Syrup
- 2/3 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, organic
- 1/4 cup organic raw extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate (for drizzle)
In a food processor, process the sunflower seeds until they have the course consistency of cornmeal.
In a large bowl, combine the ground sunflower seeds, oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds and cocoa powder.
In another bowl, combine the applesauce, maple syrup, almond butter, olive oil and melted coconut oil and stir until smooth.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into an 8- x 8-inch glass baking dish and press the mixture firmly to create an even layer.
In a double boiler or microwave, melt the dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the bars.
Chill the bars in the refrigerator until the mixture is firm, about 2 hours, and then cut them into 16 bars. Store the bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container.