Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon seeded, minced serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28ounce) can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 cups refrigerated or frozen shredded hash browns
- 4 Eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- minced cilantro
This versatile entrée can be served any time of the day.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion; cook until softened (about 3 minutes). Add pepper, garlic and cumin; cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare hash browns according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm. Carefully break eggs on top of tomato sauce; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cover; cook until eggs are set (4-6 minutes).
- To serve: Divide hash browns among 4 plates. Spoon tomato sauce and 1 egg on top. Top with cilantro.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.